Coal India's production down marginally in FY20
The miner had produced 606.89 million tonne of coal in2018-19.
The company achieved 91 per cent of its 660 milliontonne production target for FY20, an official said."Production was hit due to prolonged monsoon duringthe first half of the fiscal but we recovered in the secondhalf," the company official said.
"The coal behemoth witnessed a negative growth for thefirst time in the recent years, though its production hadgrown year-on -year in the last decade with the increasingdemand," an analyst said.According to provisional data, coal off-take at 581.73million tonne during FY20 was down by 4.3 per cent as against608.14 million tonne achieved in the previous year.
The Kolkata-headquartered company said its coal supplyfell by 10.3 per cent to 53.45 million tonne in March.The company had supplied 59.60 million tonne of coalto its customers in the year-ago month.Coal off-take was also adversely impacted due to aslowdown in the economy, the analyst said.
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- PM Narendra Modi stresses that lockdown will be the last option, says centre and states are working on oxygen supply
- Desperately need supply of oxygen to save lives, appeals Delhi's Ganga Ram Hospital
- 4.6 million doses of COVID-19 vaccine were wasted in India — enough to vaccinate half of Bangalore
- Facebook to start pilot runs for its digital currency ‘Diem’ this year, says report
- SaaS startup Chargebee is the 11th unicorn of 2021 and the sixth for Tiger Global this year alone