Coal India's production down marginally in FY20
The miner had produced 606.89 million tonne of coal in2018-19.
The company achieved 91 per cent of its 660 milliontonne production target for FY20, an official said."Production was hit due to prolonged monsoon duringthe first half of the fiscal but we recovered in the secondhalf," the company official said.
"The coal behemoth witnessed a negative growth for thefirst time in the recent years, though its production hadgrown year-on -year in the last decade with the increasingdemand," an analyst said.According to provisional data, coal off-take at 581.73million tonne during FY20 was down by 4.3 per cent as against608.14 million tonne achieved in the previous year.
The Kolkata-headquartered company said its coal supplyfell by 10.3 per cent to 53.45 million tonne in March.The company had supplied 59.60 million tonne of coalto its customers in the year-ago month.Coal off-take was also adversely impacted due to aslowdown in the economy, the analyst said.
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- Glee.S.T! January 2021 GST collection may have beat the December record
- Simply put, Airtel says all it now needs is spectrum to deliver 5G services at a speed of up to 900 Mbps
- India’s Prime Minister Narendra Modi may just have signalled a big allocation for defence equipment manufacturing, 3 days before the budget
- Haryana government extends suspension of mobile internet services in Sonipat, Jhajjar and Palwal till Friday
- Sourav Ganguly undergoes fresh angioplasty, two more stents implanted