Coronavirus impact: Tourist inflow into India drop by 30%:
She was speaking on the sidelines of civil aviation show'Wings India 2020' which began here on Thursday.
The official said there has been a reduction in thenumber of domestic travellers also as people with businesspurpose or emergency requirements were only travelling.
India has on Wednesday announced suspension of alltourist visas till April 15 in a bid to contain the spread ofthe virus.
All incoming travellers, including Indians, arriving fromor having visited China, Italy, Iran, Republic of Korea,France, Spain and Germany after February 15 will bequarantined for a minimum period of 14 days, the Centre hassaid. Replying to a query, Padhee said the situation was purelytemporary in nature and there had been a turn around in China,the genesis of the viral fever that killed over 3,000, "whichis a good sign".
On the impact on the 'Wings India 2020', the officialsaid the event was expected to be attended by only one thirdof the anticipated 1,500 delegates.
According to her, Civil Aviation Minister Hardeep SinghPuriwill participate with the industry leaders in sessionwherein the current situation of the sector will be discussed.The flagship biennial event is being jointly organisedby the civil aviation ministry and industry and Federation ofIndian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI) at BegumpetAirport here from March 12 to 15. GDKVS VS
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- Instagram's crisis highlights the bigger issues the entire ad industry is facing
- The 10-year Treasury yield will drop to 3.5% by the end of next year as the massive bond rally will continue, UBS says
- Exit polls predict BJP advantage in MP, Rajasthan, Congress win in Chhattisgarh, Telangana and tight contest in Mizoram
- International air travel penetration remains low in India: CAPA
- "Meeting friends is always a delight": PM Modi reacts to 'Melodi' selfie shared by Italian counterpart Georgia Meloni
- WhatsApp testing new feature that lets you search users by their username
- Delhi airport: Flights diverted due to bad smog, bad weather
- Meta expanding child safety measures as scrutiny mounts