Coronavirus pandemic: Sterlite Copper contributes Rs 5 cr towards Tamil Nadu CM's Public Relief Fund
Vedanta has already provided Rs 101 crore to the PM-CARES Fund and has set up a Rs 100-crore corpus for daily workers, preventive healthcare and welfare of employees and contract partners across the country, the company said in a release.
"We have 1 lakh people working at Vedanta and each of them, along with their family members, are empowered to do whatever it takes to help people in distress. We are facing multiple problems but it's the country that comes first," Vedanta Chairman Anil Agarwal said.The employees of Sterlite Copper along with group businesses have contributed their one day's salary for local communities.
It has so far distributed around 30,000 masks to 5,200 households and truck drivers in the district and is planning to distribute another 20,000 masks over the next few weeks.As part of its ongoing community outreach programme, the company has provided around 1,300 litres of liquid handwash, 13,000 soap bars and 1,000 bottles of hand sanitiser to people in the district.
Sterlite Copper has distributed 200 sets of personal protective equipment (PPEs) for frontline health workers at the Tuticorin Medical College Hospital and Tirunelveli Medical College Hospital.The company is in the process of securing an additional 200 sets of PPEs for use by the healthcare personnel. Disinfectants such as Sodium Hypochlorite and Bleaching Powder along with appropriate disinfecting tools are being distributed across villages, positively impacting the lives of around 2 lakh people in the area, the company added. SM HRS
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- If you have taken Covishield shots, watch out for these blood clot symptoms listed out by India’s Health Ministry
- Canara Bank's asset quality continues to dip but it's out of the red for now
- Tata Motors still isn't in the green, but it's making 20% more profit than before the COVID-19 pandemic hit
- CPI announces its list of cabinet nominees in the Pinarayi Vijayan-led Left government in Kerala
- Class 12 students waiting with bated breath for the final verdict on board exams