Coronavirus: Tata Chemicals shuts operations in Andhra Pradesh, Tamil Nadu
The company has also scaled down its operations at Mithapur in Gujarat.
In a regulatory filing, the company said the decision was taken keeping in mind the safety and well-being of all the employees and stakeholders."The company has shut down its manufacturing operations located at Mambattu-Nellore in Andhra Pradesh, Sriperumbudur and Cuddalore (Tamil Nadu) and scaled down its operations at Mithapur in Gujarat for the production of soda ash and cement," it said.Advertisement
The decision came into effect from March 24, 2020.
"The company striving to ensure normalcy in the production and movements of Tata Salt and sodium bicarbonate which are essential inputs for food and pharma products," the filing said.Tata Chemicals said, the duration of this shut down/scale down is uncertain at this point in time and the resumption of operations at these locations will depend upon the directives issued by the respective government authorities.
Shares of the company closed at Rs 213.50, higher by 6.14 per cent over its previous close. ABI DRR
- Mubadala to buy 1.85 pc stake in Jio Platforms for Rs 9093.6 cr
- 20 DMRC staff have tested positive for COVID-19 till date: Sources
- COVID-positive man dies, daughter says 'not admitted' in time by Delhi hospital
- Four more COVID-19 cases in HP's Hamirpur, ten recover
- COVID-19 cases cross 2,000-mark in Assam