COVID-19 challenges: TN forms panel under ex-RBI Guv Rangarajan to improve fiscal position
The committee, which will also consist of FinanceSecretary S Krishnan as coordinator, will submit its report tothe government within three months, according to a GovernmentOrder.
The committee, with 21 members, would assess theoverall immediate and medium term impact of the COVID-19pandemic on different sectors of the state's economy includingthe impact of lockdown, additional costs and implications dueto social distancing and their precautionary measures.Also, it would assess the opportunities and threatsin the short and medium term, suggest measures required tohelp the important sectors of the economy to overcome theimpact of the virus pandemic.
The committee will also identify fiscal issues andeconomy protection measures the state should take up with theUnion government for necessary action and possible sources offinancing and funding for different sectors includinginfrastructure projects, small business and other enterprises.On February 20, 2020, Deputy Chief Minister OPaneerselvam who holds the finance portfolio, announced thatan expert committee would be constituted to improve the tax:GSDP ratio of Tamil Nadu.
Now taking into account the COVID-19 pandemic andlockdown which has posed serious economic and fiscalchallenges the role of the committee has been redefined.COR VGN BNWELCOME BNWELCOME
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- Connaught Place to remain shut as farmers' tractor parade turns violent
- After violent clashes with police, farmers swarm Red Fort
- DMRC closed entry and exit gates of yellow, green, violet and blue lines in surge of farmers protest
- Delhi Police fires tear-gas shells on farmers near Akshardham temple and Sanjay Gandhi Transport Nagar
- Protesting farmers break barricades at Delhi borders, entering the national capital ahead of time