COVID-19 lockdown: U'khand govt gives relief to power consumers
The waiver was being demanded by farmers, industries and commercial establishments, it said.
The statement said around 20,000 farmers will benefit as consumers in the Private Tubewell category will not have to pay late payment surcharge by June 30.
This waiver on electricity charges for farmers will create an additional burden of Rs 3.64 crore for the state government, it said.
For the time being, consumers in the industrial and commercial category will be exempted from paying fixed or demand charges against power consumption for March to May this year, the statement said.
The waiver for around 2.7 lakh consumers in the industrial and commercial category will create an additional burden of Rs 8 crore for the state government, it said.
Besides, consumers making online payment of electricity bills in all categories by the payable date will get one per cent concession on their bills, the statement said.
It would mean concession of a maximum of Rs 1 lakh to "High Tension" category consumers and a maximum concession of around Rs 10,000 to consumers in the "Low Tension" segment.Apart from these relief measures, the government announced that there will be no disconnection due to non-payment of electricity bills till June 30. ALM AD
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- A 29-year-old woman found a mark on her head and was diagnosed with a fungal infection. It turned out to be invasive skin cancer.
- JPMorgan CEO Jamie Dimon told wealthy clients there's a chance the US is heading into 'something worse' than a recession, report says
- Why Google employees fear the worst as the company quietly extends its hiring freeze
- Galaxy Digital terminates $1.2 billion acquisition of crypto firm BitGo
- Markets poised for positive momentum in August as domestic and global inflation eases
- Here’s a list of stocks that can benefit from the festive season
- Nepotism and termite-like corruption dented India : Modi
- Modi lists five pledges to turn India into a developed country in 25 years