COVID-19: SpiceJet operates 1st freighter service to Ho Chi Minh City, carries medical supplies
Besides, one of its freighters flew with critical medical equipment from Singapore to Bangaluru, while a passenger aircraft transported medical supplies as in-cabin cargo to Guwahati from Kolkata, it said.
On Thursday also, SpiceJet had performed a cargo flight to Singapore from Chennai and back with a dedicated Boeing 737 freighter, transporting critical medical equipment and devices to India.
"SpiceJet on Friday operated its first-ever cargo flight from Hyderabad to Ho Chi Minh City carrying medical supplies, while another cargo freighter of ours brought in critical medical equipment to Bangaluru from Singapore. We are actively utilising our passenger planes carrying cargo-on-seat with one flying medical supplies from Kolkata to Guwahati today (Friday)," SpiceJet Chairman Ajay Singh was quoted as saying in the release.
SpiceJet has operated more than 220 cargo flights since the lockdown began transporting more than 1,850 tonnes of vital supplies, Singh said in the release.During the lockdown period, only special flights approved by aviation regulator Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA), medical evacuation flights and those carrying cargo, including medical equipment, to and from different parts of the country are operational. IAS HRS
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- I just got laid off from my dream job at Tesla without warning. I feel like my life got uprooted so a billionaire could save some money.
- Four-days work week, full and final settlement within 2 days of exit — new changes at workplaces to reflect from July 1
- Akash Ambani to head Reliance Jio - that’s just phase I of Mukesh Ambani’s succession plan
- OnePlus Nord 2T launch is around the corner – here’s what you can expect
- OnePlus Nord 2T Review — A balanced all rounder at an affordable price
- Reliance Industries, ONGC, Vedanta and others slapped with windfall, export tax on petroleum
- Sena moves SC to suspend Eknath Shinde and 15 other MLAs
- Sensex sinks by 400 points in early trade on weak global cues