DoT allows sharing of in-building telecom network at public places
The permission to share telecom network gears like optical fibre, boosters etc will also lower cost of operations for the operators.
According to Telecom Regulatory Authority of India, around 80 per cent of the mobile services are accessed inside building and therefore telecom operators should be mandated to share in-building telecom infrastructure to provide good quality service.The DoT instead of mandating sharing of in-building solutions (IBS) has only issued advisory for it.
Trai has said that in-Building Solutions have become as vital to the buildings as water or electricity and data-hungry devices simply cannot be served by the outdoor network.The evolution to 5G, combined with the explosion of Internet of Things (IoT) devices, IBS and its sharing will become more important, it said. PRS SR BAL BAL
- When Puma got Virat Kohli to engage one-on-one with its consumers online and generated 1.2 million conversations across the country in just 15 days
- WhiteHat Jr’s CEO Karan Bajaj quits exactly a year after Byju’s acquired the company
- India adds 42,625 COVID-19 cases and 562 deaths in a day
- Five things to remember while investing in mutual fund when markets are high
- Lux's latest campaign features power couple Anushka Sharma and Virat Kohli