Egypt's Suez Canal records highest ever revenue of $7 billion
"The income is the highest figure ever recorded and is over a fifth higher than the previous fiscal year's $5.8 billion in transit fees,"
He added that some 1.32 billion tonnes of cargo were shipped through the canal in the fiscal year, which ended on June 30.
Ongoing global crises have proved the importance of the
The Suez Canal is a major lifeline for global seaborne trade since it allows ships to travel between
Around 12 per cent of the world's trade passes through the man-made canal, which is a major source of hard currency in Egypt.
Eknath Shinde wants a 'breather' and spend time with families
30 large reservoirs in India dip to a decadal low after erratic rains in June
Popular on BI
- The 10-year Treasury yield will drop to 3.5% by the end of next year as the massive bond rally will continue, UBS says
- Instagram's crisis highlights the bigger issues the entire ad industry is facing
- Exit polls predict BJP advantage in MP, Rajasthan, Congress win in Chhattisgarh, Telangana and tight contest in Mizoram
- Delhi airport: Flights diverted due to bad smog, bad weather
- Meta expanding child safety measures as scrutiny mounts
- IPL has given me confidence to remain calm under pressure: Rinku Singh
- GST collection surges to 8-month high in November
- Environmental Impact Assessments