Exim Bank posts Rs 124 cr profit for FY20
The development finance institution had reported a profit after tax of Rs 82 crore in 2018-19.
"In the year gone by our business and financial performance have been encouraging. The loan portfolio has grown by about 6-7 per cent. We have looked strongly at building the loan assets," Exim Bank's Managing Director David Rasquinha told reporters.Its loan portfolio grew 6.23 per cent to Rs 99,446 crore in 2019-20 as against Rs 93,617 crore in the preceding financial year.
"The growth has come primarily from the project guarantees," he said.Gross non-performing ratio stood at 8.75 per cent while net NPA was at 1.77 per cent.
In the year, the provision coverage ratio was up 400 basis points (bps) to 89 per cent. The capital to risk assets ratio was up 106 bps to 20.13 per cent.It raised foreign currency resources aggregating USD 1.91 billion equivalents in 2019-20. The bank will be looking at raising USD 1-2 billion from the overseas market in the current financial year, Rasquinha said.
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- How to take screenshot on your Iphone
- How to change theme of your Instagram chat
- Larsen & Toubro sees a slowdown in new orders in the first three months of 2021 — management says contracts have been deferred
- Delhi plans to add 1,200 ICU beds in a day or two while daily Covid deaths drop to less than 300
- There is an online discount on the new Sovereign Gold Bond Scheme opening on Monday priced at ₹4,777 per gram