Fair and Lovely to now be repackaged with a new name – Glow and Lovely
Fair and Lovely/Facebook
- The announcement comes after the company had earlier said it will be dropping the word ‘fair’ from the product’s name.
- The recent protests against racial discrimination in the US has spurred the conversation again as brands take a conscious note of ideas that sell ‘fairness’ as beauty.
- However, even after the company’s decision to drop the name, people have called for a complete ban on the product instead of just changing the name.
View all Offers
View all Offers
- 34% OFF
CelloNoveltyLarge 2 Door Plastic Cupboard with lock(Wood , Brown)₹ 6709₹ 10095Buy On
- 2% OFF
Sleepwell Starlite Discover 4-inch Firm King Size Foam Mattress (78*72*4 Inches)₹ 7149₹ 7928Buy On
- 35% OFF
Duroflex LiveIn - Pressure Relieving, Memory Foam, Roll Pack, 6 Inch King Size Medium Firm Mattress with Superior Comfort and Anti Microbial Fabric (78 X 72 X 6 Inches)₹ 11759₹ 19999Buy On
- 48% OFF
adorn india Aspen Three Seater Sofa Cum Bed (Medium Grey & Black)₹ 18999₹ 32999Buy On
- 24% OFF
Nilkamal Freedom Plastic Shoe Rack Storage Cabinet | FMSC18_Sandy Brown & Dark Brown₹ 4499₹ 5900Buy On
“Over the next few months, Glow & Lovely will be on the shelves, and future innovations will deliver on this new proposition. The Men's range of Fair & Lovely will be called 'Glow & Handsome',” said the company’s official statement.
The announcement comes after the company had announced it will be dropping the word ‘fair’ from the product’s name. However, even after the company’s decision to drop the name, people have called for a complete ban on the product instead of just changing the name.
AdvertisementThe recent protests against racial discrimination in the US has spurred the conversation again as brands take a conscious note of ideas that sell ‘fairness’ as beauty.
“We recognise that the use of the words ‘fair’, ‘white’ and ‘light’ suggest a singular ideal of beauty that we don’t think is right, and we want to address this. As we’re evolving the way that we communicate the skin benefits of our products that deliver radiant and even tone skin, it’s also important to change the language we use,” said Sunny Jain, President Beauty & Personal Care, Unilever.
Fair & Lovely has been in India for over 45 years now and has been one of the best-selling creams.
It took Black Lives Matter protests in US to kill fairness creams in India
EXCLUSIVE: Chingari app is in talks with a global VC firm after the TikTok rival gets lit with over 10 million downloads
Popular on BI
- Ethereum may not have too long to get its high gas fee issue in check, according to JPMorgan
- Terra's LUNA token continues to hold its own even in a crypto bear market — here's why
- SEBI is hiring young graduate professionals for a monthly stipend of ₹60,000, last date is January 25
- HUL spent Rs 1,193 crore on advertising between October and December 2021
- Rohit Sharma, Rishabh Pant and Ravichandran Ashwin included in ICC Men's Test team of the Year 2021