Flying car PAL-V to be built in Guj, MoU inked with Dutch firm
PAL-V stands for Personal Air Land Vehicle.
A Memorandum of Understanding was signed in thepresence of Gujarat Chief Minister Vijay Rupani between stateIndustries Principal Secretary MK Das and Carlo Maasbommel,vice president of PAL-V's international business development.A release said the state government would help theDutch car-maker in getting all necessary approvals from theCentre for the plant in Gujarat, the first to be set up by thefirm in India.
He said the company had set a target of commencingcommercial production by 2021, adding that cars manufacturedhere would also be exported, including to the United Statesand European nations.Maasbommel told CM Rupani that PAL-V has so farreceived orders to export 110 such flying cars.
Explaining the details of the product, Maasbommelsaid, "The PAL-V flying car, having two engines, can run at aspeed of 160 kilometres on road and can fly at a speed of 180kms. The car can turn into a flying vehicle in just threeminutes and cover a distance of 500 km on a full tank." PJT PD BNMNSK NSK
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- The decision not to have a kid is personal — but the social pressure against the choice is all-pervasive
- K'taka budget will focus on welfare of women & their development: CM
- Global consumer spending on apps to reach $270 billion annually by 2025
- Farmers announce series of Mahapanchayats in March
- Huawei aims to make electric cars later this year