Prashant Chandrasekar who went from Bengaluru to become the CEO of Stack Overflow will be at Global Trends Festival 2020
Business Insider Global Trends Festival
- Global Trends Festival is one of the world's most prestigious events which will be live from Oct 19-23.
- While nobel laureates, some of the biggest political and corporate icons will provide thought leadership, it's a great platform to network with CXOs from around the world.
- Global Trends Festival 2020 is presented by AWS.
- Get your tickets now from BookMyShow.
When online developer community Stack Overflow brought on its new CEO, Prashanth Chandrasekar, on board in November last year he had no plans of raising fresh funds for the company before 2021. As coronavirus brought on dramatic changes across the globe, Stack Overflow had to review its plan.
Stack Overflow’s public question and answer platform, also has job listings for developers looking for new projects. Developers can use it to re-skill themselves, find out what programming languages are in demand and network with other developers to up their game.
“India is a big user base for us and it’s untapped in the context of our Team’s product. Almost entirely India’s association today is with the largest number of users,” Prashanth Chandrasekar told Business Insider in an exclusive interview.
He believes India will be “huge powerhouse for software development for companies in the west.” Be a part of Business Insider’s Global Trends Festival scheduled for October 19 to October 23 this year to get more insights into Chandrasekar’s vision on how technology can accelerate India’s development and employment.
In July 2020, at the peak of the pandemic, the company raised $85 million and brought on two new investors, Silver Lake Waterman. and GIC — with the latter leading the Series E round of investment. The fresh funds will almost entirely be focused on boosting Stack Overflow for Teams, Chandrasekar revealed..
As the monthly sign ups on its public platform and Teams product jumped from 150,000 on average in 2019 to 260,000 in April — staying well above 200,000 in the months that followed — investors pinged, and Stack Overflow answered.
The public platform is free for use but Stack Overflow for Teams is a paid product. It’s a knowledge management software for developers to ask questions and find answers— the key to Chandrasekar’s strategy to rapidly transform Stack Overflow into a software-as-a-Service (SaaS) company.
Deepak Parekh, a legend from India’s financial capital, must be on your watchlist at Global Trends Festival 2020
AdvertisementMeet Vani Kola, the unicorn hunter, at Global Trends Festival 2020
India has its eyes and hopes pinned on Adar Poonawalla— the world’s biggest vaccine maker who will be speaking at the Global Trends Festival 2020
- GST exemption on domestic supplies, commercial imports of COVID drugs to make them costlier, says Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman
- Uttar Pradesh government extends statewide lockdown till May 17
- Marriage functions to be held at home or court with maximum gathering of 20 people, says Delhi DDMA
- PM Modi speaks to Chief Minsters of Punjab, Karnataka, Bihar and Uttarakhand regarding COVID-19 situation in their respective states
- If you are feeling anxious and overwhelmed by the pandemic and the news around it, here are a few ways to calm yourself down