Glenmark gets DCGI nod for favipiravir for treatment of COVID-19 patients '
It is for restricted emergency use in India. Restricted use entails responsible medication use where every patient must have signed informed consent before treatment initiation, Glenmark Pharmaceuticals said in a statement.
The company has received the manufacturing and marketing approval from Drugs Controller General of India (DCGI) to launch favipiravir for the treatment of mild to moderate COVID-19 patients, it said."This approval has been granted based on evaluation of data and in consultation with the Subject Expert Committee, as part of accelerated approval process, considering the emergency situation and unmet medical need of the COVID-19 outbreak," Glenmark said. Advertisement
Shares of Glenmark Pharmaceuticals closed at Rs 409.10 per scrip on the BSE, up 0.93 per cent from its previous close. AKT BAL
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- MP: Shops to be shut for 3 days in case of COVID-19 violations
- Fighting COVID-19, Noida cops step up for plasma donation
- Hand Sanitizer brands boosted their ad volume on TV by 105% during the lockdown: TAM
- Heatwaves worldwide have become longer and more common over last 70 years
- Unacademy beefs up its medical entrance programme with a $50 million acquisition of PrepLadder