Glenmark gets USFDA's final nod for Deferasirox tablets
"Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Inc, USA (Glenmark) has been granted final approval by the United States Food & Drug Administration (US FDA) for Deferasirox tablets for oral suspension, 125 mg, 250 mg and 500 mg, the generic version of exjade1 tablets for oral suspension, 125 mg, 250 mg and 500 mg, of Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corporation," the company said in a filing to the BSE.
The tablet is used to treat high levels of iron in the body caused by multiple blood transfusions.According to IQVIA sales data for the 12-month period ending November 2019, exjade tablets for oral suspension -- 125 mg, 250 mg and 500 mg -- had annual sales of approximately USD 106.4 million (about Rs 750 crore).
In addition to these internal filings, Glenmark continues to identify and explore external development partnerships to supplement and accelerate the growth of its existing pipeline and portfolio.Shares of Glenmark Pharmaceuticals were trading 1.37 per cent higher at Rs 344.30 apiece in the morning trade on BSE. SID RVK
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- LG Wing swivel phone and Velvet dual screen phone launched in India
- Hong Kong bars Air India flights for fourth time as passengers test positive for COVID-19
- Goa government allows casinos to reopen from November 1
- Rajesh Nambiar appointed as Cognizant's new India MD & Chairman
- Twitter's explanation on showing Ladakh as part of China deemed inadequate by India