Glenmark gets USFDA's final nod for Deferasirox tablets
"Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Inc, USA (Glenmark) has been granted final approval by the United States Food & Drug Administration (US FDA) for Deferasirox tablets for oral suspension, 125 mg, 250 mg and 500 mg, the generic version of exjade1 tablets for oral suspension, 125 mg, 250 mg and 500 mg, of Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corporation," the company said in a filing to the BSE.
The tablet is used to treat high levels of iron in the body caused by multiple blood transfusions.
According to IQVIA sales data for the 12-month period ending November 2019, exjade tablets for oral suspension -- 125 mg, 250 mg and 500 mg -- had annual sales of approximately USD 106.4 million (about Rs 750 crore).
Glenmark's current portfolio consists of 165 products authorised for distribution in the US market and 43 ANDAs pending approval with the US FDA.
In addition to these internal filings, Glenmark continues to identify and explore external development partnerships to supplement and accelerate the growth of its existing pipeline and portfolio.Shares of Glenmark Pharmaceuticals were trading 1.37 per cent higher at Rs 344.30 apiece in the morning trade on BSE. SID RVK
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- India’s techies are leaving IT firms in hordes — Here’s why
- After a near-record run at the top of Netflix's US Top 10 list, pop culture smash 'Squid Game' has been bumped by another show
- Elon Musk’s puppy, a new strategy to burn tokens, and altcoins playing catch up — the perfect storm for cryptocurrency Shiba Inu to skyrocket
- Crypto hackers now target iPhone users via dating apps like Bumble, Tinder
- HP Envy 14 review: A solid no-frills laptop for productivity and occasional gaming
- How to edit PDF online using your browser
- Consumer demand for bigger homes in Mumbai is rising — is a price hike on the cards?
- CBSE class 10, 12 board exams 2022: Date sheet for term 1 exams to be released today