Godfrey Phillips Q2 net up 57 pc at Rs 113.54 cr, appoints Bina Modi as President & MD
The company had reported a net profit of Rs 72.33 crore in the July-September quarter a year ago, Godfrey Phillips said in a BSE filing.
Its total revenue from operations rose 12.91 per cent to Rs 750.81 crore during the quarter under review as against Rs 664.92 crore in the corresponding period of previous fiscal.Godfrey Phillips' total expenses also rose 14.28 per cent to Rs 652.08 crore during the quarter as against Rs 570.59 crore in the year-ago period. Advertisement
The company also said that its board in a meeting "has approved appointment of Dr Bina Modi as the President, MD of the company for a period of 5 years wef from November 14."
Bina Modi, is the mother of Samir Modi, executive director of the company, it added.She has been associated with the company as a non-executive and non-independent director since April 7, 2014.
Her appointment "will be subject to approval of the shareholders by way of postal ballot."The announcement comes after the demise of President & Managing Director K K Modi on November 2, 2019. Shares of Godfrey Phillips India Ltd on Thursday settled at Rs 1,262.25 on the BSE, up 1 per cent from the previous close. KRH RVK
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- Health Ministry launches portal for info on vaccine, clinical trials
- Elon Musk's SpaceX will launch another 60 Starlink internet satellites into Earth’s orbit tonight
- Farmers protest in India intensify — Kerala MP and Punjab CM to move the Supreme Court, three Punjab BJP leaders resign
- Best smartphones with 256GB of internal storage
- Maharashtra’s restaurants and bars are likely to reopen for dine-in services