Govt committed to support MSMEs in distress due to lockdown: Gadkari
"We will have to support industries facing difficulties, increase their working capital, we are already in talks for increasing it by 10 per cent, along with this deferred payment," said the minister via video-conferencing.
He was addressing a conference on 'Post Covid Entrepreneurship Opportunities and Challenges'.Gadkari said the government was focused on how to save the sector and help those facing problems by increasing production, exports and enhancing job creation.
Gadkari expressed confidence of the khadi and village industries achieving a total turnover of Rs 5 lakh crore in two years, from Rs 75,000 crore last year and Rs 1 lakh crore expected this year.He said the MSME and textiles ministries are together devising a Solar Cluster Scheme for Handloom whereby two solar charkhas each will be given to 10 lakh women, helping generate employment opportunities.
"We are bringing a Solar Cluster Scheme for Handloom. I have spoken to Smriti Irani and we are devising a scheme together under which two solar charkhas each will be given to 10 lakh women," Gadkari said. RSN HRS
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- Amazon Freedom Sale announced: Discounts on smartphones, laptops, electronics and more
- Tata, Vistara, Wipro and many more are hiring for HR roles
- Watch out for 4 IPOs opening on August 4— here’s a snapshot for each of the companies selling shares tomorrow
- MG Motor joins hands with Jio to improve connected car experience on its upcoming vehicle
- Amazon, Microsoft and Google control nearly two-thirds of the global cloud infra market