Govt disburses Rs 16,621cr under PM-KISAN since lockdown
The total amount released during the lockdown period also includes last year's due payment of Rs 1,674.43 crore which has been disbursed to 83.77 lakh beneficiary farmers, an official statement said.
The rest Rs 14,945 crore has been released to 7.47 crore farmers as the first installment under the PM-KISAN for the 2020-21 fiscal which started from April 1.Under the Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi (PM-KISAN) scheme, the Centre transfers an amount of Rs 6,000 per year, in three equal instalments, directly into the bank accounts of farmers, subject to certain exclusion criteria relating to higher income status.
Besides, the Centre said it has dispatched 3,985 tonnes of pulses for free delivery to PDS beneficiaries under the Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Yojana (PM-GKY).The Union Agriculture Ministry has also decided to allow 'Truthful Label seeds' for subsidy components for the North East, Hilly regions and the UTs of Jammu & Kashmir only, for all crops under National Food Security Mission.
The ministry further said organic products are being delivered in Punjab at doorstep in the specially designed electric van under Paramparagat Krishi Vikas Yojana (PKVY).In Maharashtra, 21,11,171 quintals of fruits and vegetables have been sold by 27,797 Farmer Producers Organisations (FPOs) in 34 districts by online/direct sale method, it added. LUX MR
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- Sonu Sood to launch blood bank app to connect donors with those in urgent need of blood
- India has the third highest number of women in senior management positions globally, according to Grant Thornton
- RIL, banks lift Sensex 1100 points higher, Nifty tops 15,200 mark
- Gujarat's annual budget for the next financial year has a surplus of ₹588 crore
- COVID-19 vaccine doses will available around the clock in India