Hear and learn from Byju Raveendran, the man who made online classes fun, years before COVID, at the Global Trends Festival 2020
Business Insider Global Trends Festival
- Global Trends Festival is one of the world's most prestigious events which will be live from Oct 19-23.
- While nobel laureates, some of the biggest political and corporate icons will provide thought leadership, it's a great platform to network with CXOs from around the world.
- Global Trends Festival 2020 is presented by AWS.
- Register for the
Global Trends Festivalhere.
Millions of Indians right from villages to high rises are now pilot testing an idea that
While parents and teachers alike struggle to gain young students' attention, Byjus has hit a homerun long back. On its early learning app, they are taught by Frozen's Anna, Moana, and Lion King's Simba, after the former struck a deal with Disney.
As a young student who 'enjoyed' studying and solving Math problems, Byju created this content to bring Indian students out of the rut of rote learning and memorizing. This philosophy has over 4.5 million takers who are paid users on his app.
Now one of India's youngest billionaires, Raveendran, is all set for a meteoric rise as his subscriber base jumped by a million during the lockdown. In April, Byjus clocked in a massive Rs 350 crore in revenue, despite offering free access to its content. Raveendran had hoped that this amount would only double in the months to come.
Byju's is also the second-highest valued Indian startup with an $11 billion valuation after having raised over a billion dollars in this year alone.
But the best of the times are yet to come. Long after the virus is gone and normalcy returns, Raveendran hopes that a blended online and offline learning format will be practiced by educators worldwide.
At the Global Trends Festival 2020, Raveendran will speak on "Right Idea at the Right Place at the Right Time' in a fireside chat about his own business, edtech as a sector, and how it will shape up in a post-Covid world.
Don’t miss Rana Daggubati speak about the future of storytelling at the Global Trends Festival 2020
Watch out for Farid Ahsan, who has a finger on the pulse of Bharat users, at the Global Trends Festival 2020
Watch out for Nandini Piramal on breaking barriers, and transforming businesses at the Global Trends Festival 2020
- EXCLUSIVE: Communities, brand and then product — CEO explains how Stack Overflow flipped the script on software development
- Everybody in India must get Covid vaccine free, says Kejriwal
- Samsung now lets you buy up to four products in one single EMI as it seeks to boost sales this festive season
- Equitas Small Finance Bank IPO allotment: Here’s how to check share allotment status
- K'taka healthcare warriors first to get Covid vaccine: Minister