Hetero launches combination drug for HIV under brand name Taffic
The Hyderabad-based company has introduced the 3-in-1 drug under the brand name 'Taffic' in India.
The company's product is a generic version of Gilead's Biktarvy and has been approved by the Drug Controller General of India (DCGI).
The product will be marketed and distributed by Hetero Healthcare Ltd in the country, the drug firm said in a statement.
"The launch of this product emphasises company's ongoing commitment to provide advanced and effective treatments to HIV patients worldwide," it added.
To further this mission, Hetero will be making the latest combination drug available in 116 low and middle-income countries upon approvals from the regulatory authorities there, the drug firm said.
Taffic, a once-a-day single pill, is a combination of three medicines -- Bictegravir (50mg), Emtricitabine (200mg) and Tenofovir Alafenamide (25mg).
It is indicated for treatment of HIV-1 infection in adults who have no antiretroviral treatment history.
The drug can also be used to replace the current antiretroviral regimen in those who have viral copies less than 50 per ml in the blood at least for three months with no prior treatment failure and resistance to any components.
Hetero would manufacture the product at its manufacturing facility in Hyderabad, which is approved by international regulatory bodies.
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- Realme GT Neo 2 5G review: Great performance, fine display but camera needs work
- Cisco says a company 'leader' who encouraged TikTok followers to report strippers to the IRS is no longer employed at the company
- A half-mile installation just took 20,000 pounds of plastic out of the Pacific - proof that ocean garbage can be cleaned
- G7 leaders favour CBDCs provided they ‘support and do no harm’ to central banks
- India's farmers protest takes a gruesome turn with a chilling murder at the scene — here’s the sequence of events
- Bizarre! Shubhman Gill was brought back to bat after being declared out
- Ruturaj Gaikwad and Faf du Plessis — amazing data on how the two openers led CSK to IPL 2021 championship
- Budget and safety top criteria for Chennai households during festive season:LocalCircles