Hotstar has had a great 2019 – with 555 installs per minute and 95% of consumption coming from mobile phones
Hotstarreleased its India Watch Report 2019, which said that the app has got over 400 million downloads with 555 installs per minute in 2019.
- The report said that Hotstar’s 95% consumption came from mobile phones, with an average user consuming 9.8 GB data per month.
- Thanks to the cricketing events this year – from the IPL to the ICC Cricket World Cup, Hotstar saw a massive growth in its concurrent users.
If that’s not enough, you’ll definitely spot a group of friends discussing their progress on a TV show, while the other shouts out “No spoilers please”!
With the increased smartphone penetration, OTT platforms like Hotstar, Netflix and Amazon Prime have found a larger audience.
AdvertisementHotstar released its India Watch Report 2019, which said that the app has got over 400 million downloads with 555 installs per minute in 2019. Its
The report said that Hotstar’s 95% consumption came from mobile phones, with an average user consuming 9.8 GB data per month.
“Until a few years ago, online entertainment was restricted to the urban affluent. However, we now see newer horizons of customer reach, with non-metro towns driving online consumption. Digital viewership among women has also grown by leaps and bounds,” said
Entertainment consumption in the country has also increased. Hotstar’s data shows that the consumption from non-metro cities has gone up from 54% to 63% in 2019 with Lucknow, Pune, Patna being the top non-metros.
Not just that, Hotstar’s consumption is running on data and of course, mobile phones, with West Bengal and Bihar topping the data consumption.
Thanks to the cricketing events this year – from the IPL to the ICC Cricket World Cup, Hotstar saw a massive growth in its concurrent users.
During the World Cup semi final match between India and New Zealand, the
The India-New Zealand semi-final clash was so close that Hotstar's viewership rose by millions every minute
- Top 10 longest sixes in IPL matches from 2008 to till date
- OPINION: Regulation of games of skill under a central legislative regime is the need of the hour
- OPINION: Why weekend lockdowns and night curfews aren't the only solution to India's surging cases of COVID-19
- Haryana government declares summer vacation in schools due to spike in COVID-19 cases
- COVID-19 vaccine 'Covaxin' is effective against double mutant strain found in India, says ICMR