I drove a $47,000 Kia Telluride - and the verdict is that this upstart SUV is the best on the market
- I tested a 2020 Kia Telluride, a three-row SUV that in top-spec SX trim came out to $47,310.
- The Kia Telluride had a fantastic naturally-aspirated V6 under the hood.
- The Telluride was also crammed with tech, including an extremely capable adaptive cruise-control option with steering assist.
- The Kia Telluride impressed me at all levels and represents a fantastic value for the SUV segment.
- Sign up for Business Insider's transportation newsletter, Shifting Gears, to get more stories like this in your inbox.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
It was déjÀ vu all over again - in a Kia!
About two years ago, I buckled into a Kia Stinger and when I unbuckled, I told my colleagues I'd just driven Business Insider's Car of the Year. Eleven months later, the Stinger did indeed take the prize.
Lightning strikes twice. I just unbuckled from a 2020 Kia Telluride and I'm here to tell you ... it's a contender.
We have a year to go before we name a 2020 Car of the Year, but I'm pretty sure the Telluride will be near the top of my list.
For now, I'll simply say that this is the best three-row SUV not-a-lot of money can buy.
Here are the details: