India commissions 7,591 MW RE capacity in Apr-Dec FY20: R K Singh
Another 34,160 MW capacity is under implementation, Renewable Energy Minister R K Singh said while replying to a question during Question Hour in the Rajya Sabha.
"Renewable energy capacity of 7,591.99 MW has been commissioned in the year 2019-20 up to December 2019. Another 34,160 MW RE capacity is under various stages of implementation," Singh said.
It is expected that RE capacity addition in 2019-20 will exceed the capacity addition achieved in the previous financial year which stood at 8,532.22 MW, he said.
Singh further said most of the grid-connected RE projects are being implemented by private sector developers selected through a transparent competitive bidding process. Capital investment made by these developers is their privileged information."However, based on standard capital costs per MW, an investment of Rs 40,459.99 crore is estimated to have been made in Renewable Energy sector in 2018-19. An investment of Rs 36,729.49 crore is estimated to have been made in 2019-20 up to December 2019," he added. ABI ABI ANU ANU
- I took a new job in a remote location after my divorce. There aren't many people to date, but I'm happy staying single.
- Elon Musk hits out at viral videos of DINK couples, saying there's an 'awful morality' to those who choose not to have children
- Married couples often share high blood pressure, study shows
- 8 Irresistible seasonal snacks to warm your winter days
- Vijay Shekhar Sharma says 'Wed in India' is a good idea for its food options
- NCLAT stays CCI penalty on NTPC in Ratnagiri Gas & Power shares issue
- A Japanese Start-Up Is Testing a Rocket Powered Entirely By Rocket Fuel Created From Cow Dung!
- Amazon sues scammers for stealing millions of dollars via fake returns