India sets up 31,696-MW solar power generation capacity: Minister
The government's target is to installing 1,00,000 MW grid connected solar power capacity by December 2022, Minister of State for Power and New and Renewable Energy R K Singh said in a written reply to the Lok Sabha.
"As on October 31, 2019, a total grid connected solar power generation capacity of 31,696 MW has been set up in the Country, projects of 17,998 MW capacity are at various stages of installations," the minister said.
Tenders for another 36,278 MW capacity projects have been issued and with new tenders of around 15,000 MW planned in remaining period of 2019-20 and 2020-21, and the country is on course for achieving the target, he said.
Most of the solar power projects in the country have been/are being set up with private investment, Singh said."The union government has been implementing National Solar Mission under which various Schemes (as detailed in Annexure-III) have been launched for promoting the generation and use of solar power in the country. This...makes publicity for effective implementation all schemes including Solar Schemes through print, social, electronic and other media. The Ministry has also launched a Mobile App for solar rooftop systems," the Singh said. ABI BAL
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- A 'hole' 30 times Earth's size has spread across the sun, blasting solar winds that'll hit our planet by end of this week
- A former Twitter engineer said they watched colleagues 'drop like flies' from a virtual meeting during Elon Musk's mass layoffs
- Finland is offering free vacations for people to come and learn how to be happy after being named the happiest country in the world
- Torrent Investments not to participate in 2nd auction for Reliance Capital; Hinduja sole bidder
- Climate change threatening tea sector globally: ITA
- Over 23,000 techies lose jobs in nearly 82 Indian startups to date
- Scientists create car parts from lemons, corn, almonds and pomegranates that are better than traditional parts
- Cabinet clears dearness allowance hike by 4%