Air Canada, Emirates, Air India and other airlines resume flights to Toronto and the tickets are priced up to ₹5 lakh
- Air Canada has finally resumed all operations in India after a four-month-long halt due to the deadly second wave of COVID-19.
- All passengers planning to travel to Canada will have to carry a negative COVID-19 test, taken less than 18 hours before the departure.
- Covishield vaccine is recognised by the Canadian government.
AdvertisementAir Canada has finally resumed all operations in India after a four-month-long halt due to the deadly second wave of COVID-19. The largest airlines in Canada took to social media to confirm this development.
With this, other airlines have also resumed their flights between India and Canada. This includes United Airlines, British Airways, Delta Airlines and more.
Here’s all you need to know
Ticket booking: Passengers can book their tickets from the airline's official website. The tickets can also be purchased via online ticketing platforms like MakeMyTrip, EaseMyTrip, Goibibo and more.
Pricing: The price of Air Canada flight ranges anywhere between $1300 to over $6000, depending on the dates and class you’re traveling in. Emirates flights from Mumbai to Toronto, for September 30, are going for as much as ₹5.47 lakh (one-way) with just two seats left as of 12 noon on September 21.
Air Canada fare — New Delhi to Toronto (One-way)
(Source: Air Canada)
|Date||Economy||Premium Economy||Business Class|
|Sept 25, 3.35 a.m.||₹1.66 Lakh||₹1.66 Lakh`||₹2.3 Lakh|
|Sept 30, 5 a.m.||₹1.25 Lakh||₹1.34 Lakh||₹1.78 Lakh|
|Oct 2, 3.15 a.m.||N/A||₹2.2 Lakh||₹4.3 Lakh|
Requirements: All passengers planning to travel to Canada will have to carry a negative RT-PCR test or Rapid PCR Test from the testing lounge at terminal 3 of Delhi airport. The test should not be taken more than 18 hours before the departure. No other test from any clinic within India will be accepted.
Vaccination: All passengers must be double vaccinated. The following vaccines have been recognised by Canada — Johnson & Johnson, Moderna, Pfizer, and Covishield. All documentation must be uploaded on ‘ArriveCan-Online’ before the departure.
For more updates, people looking to travel to Canada can keep a tab on the government of Canada’s official website ‘Canada.ca’.
Canada had suspended all the commercial and private passenger flights from India on April 24, 2021, around the time COVID-19 cases were increasing in the South Asian country. About two lakh Indians lost their lives in the second wave of the pandemic that lasted between April to May 2021.
AdvertisementSalesforce Ventures backs Indian payments giant RazorPay as it looks to expand further outside India
SBI Cards, Adani Ports, HCL Tech and other top stocks to watch out for on September 21
The collapse of Evergrande, one of China’s largest home developers, is “not a Lehman moment” but the fear may haunt steel and metal stocks in India
Popular on BI
- Not hard, not soft, the earliest dino eggs may have been of a 'leathery' texture to protect against damage: study
- Don't need to go big to go home: Australia is turning to sustainable 'tiny houses' to fix their housing crisis!
- Affordability levels to buy homes hit in last 2 years; to improve in 2024 on likely repo rate cut: JLL
- Carbon tax turns into climate fight at COP28
- Market to focus on macro data, global trends: Analysts