India's services sector recovers some growth momentum it lost in September
The indices vary between 0 and 100, with a reading above 50 indicating an overall increase compared to the previous month, and below 50 an overall decrease.
Favourable demand for services continued to underpin the increase in new business and output at the start of the third quarter of the current financial year.
"Buoyed by the ongoing recovery in new work, service providers again took on extra staff, with an improvement in business confidence also supporting hiring activity. The latest results also showed mild accelerations in inflation rates for input costs and output charges," S&P Global India said in a statement.
The headline index was above the neutral 50.0 threshold for the fifteenth month running and outpaced its long-run average. According to survey participants, sustained increases in new business boosted service output.
At the sub-sector level, consumer services led the growth of business activity, new orders and employment. Finance and insurance came in second place in the rankings for these three measures, while the statement said that transport, information and communication were at the bottom.
"The October results show us that service providers had no trouble securing new work in October, despite lifting their charges again. Hence, the sector remained firmly inside expansion territory as business activity and payroll numbers were raised to support strengthening demand," said
upGrad files merger scheme to consolidate M&As, to complete integration by March-June 2023
September earnings on track, but it’s time to tone down optimism says Kotak Institutional Equities
Popular on BI
- How OnlyFans star Riley Reid plans to 'immortalize' herself using AI
- A leading supplement researcher says she doesn't take any — because she's getting what she needs from her vegan diet
- Mattel rolled out a Barbie to honor a late Cherokee Nation chief with a language error on the box that says 'chicken' instead of 'Cherokee'
- ICC Rankings: Ravi Bishnoi becomes world's No.1 T20I bowler
- Adani Group to invest USD 75 bn to scale up AGEL's RE portfolio to 45 GW: Gautam Adani
- Air India rejigs 250-aircraft Airbus order
- Retail trumps corporate lending as small-ticket loans see fourfold jump in past two years
- Exploring the nutritional marvel of Gond laddu: A winter delight