Industry body TRF presents accreditation to four online rummy operators
The not-for-profit self-regulatory body presented its 'Dynamic Seal' to Ace2three, Junglee Rummy , Rummy Circle and Rummy Passion.
TRF said the seals were given after the operators went through a rigorous audit procedure conducted by a renowned audit firm."With the growing number of players and operators, the online rummy ecosystem has become quite robust, while also creating the need for regulation to safeguard the players and ensure responsible, secure and fair environment for them," TRF Chief Executive Officer Sameer Barde told reporters here.
The online rummy industry, which is estimated to be at around Rs 2,200 crore, has around 30 lakh regular users in the country currently."It is growing at a CAGR (compound annual growth rate) of 34 per cent and in the next two years expected to touch a turnover of around Rs 4,000 crore ," Barde said.
Overall, there are around 18 companies in the online rummy space in the country, of which seven are part of TRF.These seven companies, however, control over 98 per cent of the revenues in the sector currently, Barde said. MSS HRS
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- Glenmark Life Sciences IPO: How to check allotment status, listing date and more
- From cookies king Britannia to soaps titan HUL, inflation is eating profits away — so, you may have to pay even more for daily essentials
- 5-star rating refrigerator (fridge) in India
- Best soundbar with Dolby Atmos in India 2021
- Best soundbars with a wireless subwoofer