Lockdown: CIL relaxes payment terms, reschedule e-auctions
The world's largest miner has also directed itssubsidiary companies to extend the date for payment bysuccessful bidders in e-auctions, in case it falls within thelockdown period.
"CIL is helping its non-power customers overcomelast-mile connectivity issues they are facing due to thenationwide lockout declared to contain the Covid-19 outbreak,"a top Coal India official told .
CIL has requested Indian Railways to defer coalloading of rakes for non-power consumers who do not have theirown unloading system inside their plants or have to unloadrakes at other sidings.
"In the prevailing situation, many non-power consumershave approached CIL requesting deferring of loading of theirallotted rakes," the official said.
The situation will be reviewed after the lockdown iswithdrawn, he said.
The official said CIL is also changing the time ofvarious e-auction schemes which were scheduled during thelockdown period.The Centre has recently exempted coal and mineralproduction, transportation & activities incidental to miningoperations under the Disaster Management Act and lockdown. BSMNN NN
- Noida-based LED IKIO Lighting files DRHP with SEBI to raise ₹350 crore
- Electronics Mart India IPO set to open on Oct 4; commands grey market premium of ₹30/share
- Twitter is going the TikTok way with a new full-screen video feature
- Sensex, Nifty fall over 1% on weak global trends
- Prosus terminates $4.7 bn deal to acquire BillDesk