Lupin launches generic arthritis relief tablet in US
The product is a combination of naproxen, a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug, and esomeprazole magnesium coming in strengths of 375 mg/20mg and 500 mg/20 mg. It is the authorised generic for Horizon Therapeutics PLC's Vimovo delayed release tablets, Lupin said in a regulatory filing.
It is indicated in adult and adolescent patients of 12 years of age and olderweighing at least 38 kg, requiring naproxen for symptomatic relief of arthritis and esomeprazole magnesium to decrease the risk of developing naproxen-associated gastric ulcers, it added.Citing IQVIA MAT January 2020 data, Lupin said naproxen and esomeprazole magnesium delayed-release tablets had an annual sales of approximately USD 400 million in the US. RKL MKJ
- Apple Watch ECG feature coming to Japan and Brazil
- India-China border dispute to be resolved through talks, says MEA
- Six more people die of coronavirus in Pune with 342 fresh cases
- Bihar's Darbhanga, Samastipur, and others register 233 new coronavirus cases with the state's overall tally rising to 4.831
- C'garh: 4 Naxal couriers held in Bastar, 695 bullets seized