Massive dues of coal PSUs: Par Panel calls for punitive action on power cos
The Standing Committee on Coal and Steel in a report tabled in Parliament on Friday also noted that huge amount of dues are outstanding from the state and other utilities for years.
"The outstanding dues of Coal India from the power sector... as on March 31, 2019 (are) Rs 8,435.19 crore," the report said.
The panel said it is concerned to note that huge amount of dues are outstanding from the state and other utilities for years.
"The Committee therefore, recommends that more vigorous efforts need to be taken by all (three) PSUs to recover outstanding dues and if warranted, punitive actions on the defaulting parties should also be taken," it said.
The three PSUs referred to are Coal India, Singareni Collieries Company and NLC India.
The panel noted that despite various initiatives taken by the PSUs to recover dues, desired results are yet to be seen.Coal India accounts for over 80 per cent of domestic coal output. SID ANU
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- I'm a 56-year-old IT worker who got laid off last year and have been unemployed ever since. I have a hunch I'm not finding work due to ageism. How do I prove it?
- Germany relaxes Schengen visa rules for Indians
- Kanye West says he's selling Balenciaga, Adidas, and Gap hoodies for $20 after the companies all cut ties with him
- Revenge spending effect: Household savings dip to 5 -year low
- With no signs yet of inflation cooling, experts predict more rate hikes
- Covid hit mental health of kids, young people harder than thought
- Smog envelops Delhi, AQI remains in 'very poor' category
- Egypt president to be chief guest at Republic Day celebrations