Mastercard ties up with Federal Bank for identity check security for digital transactions
Mastercard has entered into a partnership with Federal Bank to offer identity check to the bank's cardholders, it said in an announcement.
Mastercard Identity Check is a global authentication program that uses the latest authentication standards of EMV 3-D Secure to provide an additional layer of security for digital transactions and facilitate higher approval rates, improving the authentication experience for merchants, issuers and cardholders.It provides banks with a secure and user-friendly way to authenticate cardholders without the use of static passwords, increasing approval rates.
"We believe that this new solution will provide a seamless experience and will find instant affinity among our Mastercard cardholders," said Shalini Warrier, chief operating officer, Federal Bank.The launch of Identity Check program by Federal Bank and Mastercard will go a long way in providing ease of payments with advanced security to shoppers, said Govind Setlur, chief executive officer, Wibmo, payment solutions partner for Federal Bank.
"Mastercard is committed to creating innovative payments solutions that deliver enhanced safety and security at every touchpoint, to enable simple, frictionless consumer experiences," said Sujay Vasudevan, vice-president, cyber & intelligence solutions, South Asia, Mastercard. KPM HRS
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- Over One lakh oxygen concentrators cleared by customs from April 24 to May 4
- Check out who all can travel to the US amidst uncertainty in international travel
- Water shortage might be on the way to worsen Delhi's COVID-19 crisis
- Himachal Pradesh government imposes curfew effective from tomorrow till May 16
- A third wave of COVID-19 will surely come and it may spread faster and wider but don't know when, says advisor to the Indian government