Multiple steps taken to check cyber threats faced by national power grid: Govt
Minister of State for Power, New and Renewable Energy R K Singh told the Rajya Sabha that national power grid comprises a large number of assets established across the country and interconnectedness is a key feature of networked world and cyber opportunity and threat are part of it."For curbing the cyber threats over national power grid, multiple steps have been taken. For securing transmission assets of power grid, communication from equipment of substations to control centres are done over dedicated optical fibre network owned by POWERGRID without any connectivity to external networks," he said.
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- There are a few reasons why Zomato wants $8 billion valuation from its IPO -- here's a look at if it makes sense
- Germany adopts $9.6 billion climate protection programme to achieve new climate targets, says Finance Minister
- China's migrating elephant herd travels further south in Eshan county, say authorities
- Iran condemns US' seizure of website domains as an 'attempt to undermine global freedom of expression'
- North Korea rules out 'possibility of any contact' with US, according to media report