Jio’s new all-in-one pack gives it an edge over Vodafone and Airtel, but only for data
- Jio has now launched a new all-in-one pack for ₹222.
- This comes right after Jio’s much talked move to charge its users 6 paise per minute for calls.
- Jio still faces big competition from India’s largest telecom provider Vodafone Idea.
It has also introduced a few other packs for ₹333 and ₹444, which also offer up to 3,000 minutes free talk-time to other numbers while Jio to Jio calls remain free with all the all-in-one packs.
This move comes right after Jio withdrew its cheapest packs worth ₹19 and ₹52 and Jio’s much talked move to charge its users 6 paise per minute for calls.
AdvertisementJio’s cheapest pack now comes at ₹98.
This is the first time that the Mukesh Ambani-led telecom network is moving away from cheap mobile tariff plans which has been its USP, since launch in 2016.
Jio vs Vodafone
Jio still faces big competition from India’s largest telecom provider Vodafone Idea. Jio has 348.2 million subscribers and Vodafone Idea has 375 million subscribers according to latest data from Telecom Regulatory of India.
Vodafone Idea still offers multiple unlimited calls packs which start for as low as ₹119 for 28 days.
However, Jio’s new pack offers 2GB data per day, while most of Vodafone’s packs (which are cheaper than Jio) continue to give its users 1 GB data per day.
AdvertisementJio vs Airtel
Jio overtook Airtel to be India’s second largest telecom provider. However, Airtel still continues to hold a massive user base of 327.9 million.
Airtel offers packs for ₹178, ₹248, ₹495 and ₹595 which give its new customers unlimited calls along with data each day.
Reliance Jio is now trading up as it drops its cheapest prepaid packs
- Education, skill, research, innovation second biggest focus of budget after health: PM at webinar on budget provisions for higher education. PTI KR ASK DV DV
- Union Budget has broadened our efforts to link education with employability and entrepreneurial capability:PM Modi at webinar on education. PTI KR ASK DV DV
- India records 14,989 new COVID-19 cases in last 24 hours
- Patient with underlying disease dies after getting AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine in South Korea
- Word-of-mouth has helped us grow in India, our community members are our best marketers: Taru Kapoor, Tinder