Nick Walker is new CEO of Vedanta Cairn Oil and Gas
"Before this appointment, Walker was president and chief executive officer at
Having worked previously in companies like BP,
He will be the sixth CEO of the company since mining billionaire Anil Agarwal-led group bought the company from Scottish explorer Cairn Energy plc, now known as Capricorn Energy plc, in 2011.
Walker comes into Cairn Oil & Gas after Prachur Sah quit the firm to join
Rahul Dhir, the company's first CEO who oversaw its listing and development of India's biggest oil discovery in Rajasthan, quit the company in August 2012. His successor P Elango resigned in May 2014, while the third CEO
Announcing the appointment of the new CEO, Anil Agarwal, Chairman, of
Walker will be leading all aspects of Cairn's strategy, including the development of strategic alliances with global partners to fast-track business delivery.
He will drive the adoption and deployment of best-in-class oil and gas technologies and processes, with a focus on innovation and digitalization, for business transformation, the statement said.
"Cairn Oil & Gas is committed to increasing India's domestic crude oil and gas production with a vision to contribute 50 per cent of India's production and adding reserves and resources.
Advertisement"As one of the fastest developing economies, India is seeking to achieve energy self-sufficiency through a marked reduction in oil imports which currently account for 85 per cent of national consumption," it said.
India produced 22.1 million tonnes or 442,000 barrels per day of crude oil during the first nine months of the current fiscal, according to official data available from the
Vedanta in a stock exchange filing on January 3, 2023, giving out production numbers, stated that its oil and gas production during the October-December quarter was 144,789 barrels per day.
Adani Enterprises’ ₹20,000 crore FPO opens on January 27, will fuel its green hydrogen ambitions, repay debt
Government bullish on railway assets monetisation in Union Budget
Popular on BI
- Five planets will stage a rare spectacular event in the night sky on March 28
- Sam Altman, who was already wealthy before starting OpenAI, reportedly doesn't own any equity in the company behind ChatGPT
- A 'hole' 30 times Earth's size has spread across the sun, blasting solar winds that'll hit our planet by end of this week
- Torrent Investments not to participate in 2nd auction for Reliance Capital; Hinduja sole bidder
- Climate change threatening tea sector globally: ITA
- Over 23,000 techies lose jobs in nearly 82 Indian startups to date
- Scientists create car parts from lemons, corn, almonds and pomegranates that are better than traditional parts
- Cabinet clears dearness allowance hike by 4%