ONGC lists USD 300 mn MTN issue on India INX
The maiden issue is part of ONGC's medium term note (MTN) programme to raise up to USD 2 billion in overseas borrowings through debt-instrument.
The notes under the programme have been issued at a coupon rate of 3.375 per cent due in 2029, the release said.
India INX is the country's first debt listing platform that allows raising funds in any currency of choice by both foreign and Indian issuers from investors across the globe.
"We are happy to be part of India INX at IFSC, GIFT City to list ONGC's maiden issue of USD 300 million ... which offers opportunity to reach out to international investors to raise funds in a similar manner in other international markets in addition to providing single window facility for compliance reporting, " ONGC Chairman and managing director Shashi Shanker said in a statement.
Since the launch of global securities market, medium-term notes worth USD 47 billion and bonds worth USD 17.9 billion have been listed on the platform so far, India INX said.
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- Adani Ports Q1 profits declines to ₹1,091 crore
- Unicorns and startups should prepare for a longer funding winter, says SoftBank's Masayoshi Son
- Lok Sabha passes Energy Conservation Bill to promote non-fossil fuels
- Indian government is reportedly planning on restricting Xiaomi, Realme, Vivo and Oppo from the budget smartphone segment
- Less than 50% of children able to catch up with age-appropriate learning, claims survey