Over 200 small-medium business sellers earned over ₹10 million in 48 hours in India, says Amazon
- Of the over 91,000 SMBs who participated at Prime Day that started at midnight on August 6, more than 62,000 sellers were from non-metro and tier-2 and tier-3 cities across India, the company said.
Amazonsaid that 31,000 SMB sellers witnessed their highest sales ever with over 4,000 SMB sellers each registering sales of Rs 10 lakhs or more during the 48 hours.
AdvertisementAmazon India on Monday said that over 91,000 small and medium-sized businesses participated in the two-day Prime Day sales which saw 209 SMB sellers becoming crorepatis in 48 hours.
Of the over 91,000 SMBs who participated at Prime Day that started at midnight on August 6, more than 62,000 sellers were from non-metro and tier-2 and tier-3 cities across India, the company said.
Amazon said that 31,000 SMB sellers witnessed their highest sales ever with over 4,000 SMB sellers each registering sales of Rs 10 lakhs or more during the 48 hours.
"This Prime Day was dedicated to our small business (SMB) partners, who have been increasingly looking to Amazon to keep their businesses running," Amit Agarwal, Senior Vice President and Country Manager, Amazon India, said in a statement.
"We are humbled that we were able to help as this was our biggest Prime Day ever for small businesses -- nearly one lakh SMB sellers received orders from across 97 per cent of India's pin-codes; Karigar artisans, Saheli women sellers,
Twice as many customers signed up for a Prime membership during Prime Day 2020 compared to last year, Amazon India said, adding that more than 65 per cent of new members were from outside top 10 cities.
During Prime Day on the Amazon Shopping app, virtual assistant
Buoyed by the success of its two-day Prime Day sale amid Covid-19, Amazon India on Saturday announced its 'Freedom Day' sale which will run until August 11 and includes hundreds of deals on popular mobile phones, laptops, TVs, Amazon devices and more.
These are the tabletop airports in India – two of them have seen major plane crashes in last 10 years
A WhatsApp message, six weeks of talks and a $300 million deal – how Karan Bajaj sold his less than 18-month old startup White Hat Jr to Byju’s
Mukesh Ambani is now the world’s fourth-richest person after he beat Louis Vuitton owner Bernard Arnault
Popular on BI
- Monsoon rain wreaks havoc in Himachal and Karnataka, orange alert in Gujarat
- Apple’s MacBook Air with M2 chip will go on sale from July 15, pre-orders starting July 8
- Reliance becomes the official retailer for American fashion brand Gap in India
- India reduces booster gap as fewer people are lining up for the precautionary dose
- Opinion: There is a need to pass the IT Rules, 2021 to tame social media platforms like Twitter