Par panel calls for restoration of financial credit instruments with proper safeguards
Voicing concern over discontinuation of LoU/ LoC that is impinging trade and commerce in labour intensive and MSME Sectors, the Panel expressed concern on the absence of any prescribed norms for resolutions of NPAs due to quashing of RBI Circular dated February 12, 2018 by Supreme Court: Recommends a realistic framework for resolution of stressed assets.
After Rs 14,000 crore fraud by diamantaire Nirav Modi, the RBI last year had decided to discontinue the practice of issuance of LoUs/ LoCs for trade credits for imports into India.The Department Related Parliamentary Standing Committee on Commerce, under the Chairmanship of V Vijayasai Reddy, MP, Rajya Sabha Wednesday presented the Report on 'Action Taken by Government on the Recommendations/ Observations of the Committee contained in its One Hundred and Forty Sixth Report on Impact of Banking Misappropriation on Trade and Industry' to the Rajya Sabha.
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- The Oxford COVID-19 vaccine will only cost the Indian government $3 per dose, reveals Adar Poonawalla
- Former Assam CM Tarun Gogoi passes away at 84 due to post-COVID complications
- Fine for not wearing masks in Goa increased to ₹200
- Here's why former RBI governor Rajan and former deputy Acharya believe the plan to allow corporations to own banks is a 'bad idea'
- Maharashtra government wants a COVID-19 negative test report from passengers coming from Delhi, Gujarat, Rajasthan and Goa