PE firms eyeing office, retail segment in Bengal
"Global private equity firms are seriously planning toput their money in office and retail (in real estate) segmentin West Bengal," CBRE India managing director Nikhil Bhatiatold .
Blackstone, Brookfield, KKR, GIC, ESR, Warburg PincusAvendus Capital, Goldman Sachs and Xander Group are amongcompanies which are "evaluating right opportunities" in thestate, another official of the property consulting firm said."In West Bengal, warehouse absorption stood at 3.3million sqft in 2019, marginally lower than 3.4 million sqft,absorbed in the previous year," the official said.Advertisement
In 2019, office leasing in Kolkata has recorded asharp growth totalling 1.3 million sqft of commercial space,he said.
Leasing activities in the last calendar year weredriven by IT majors and banks that had taken up new officespace in the city's satellite townships, the official said.Bhatia said similar trend will continue in the currentyear with fresh interests from the global private equityfirms.
PE firms' interests in the residential sector are alsoset to grow in the coming years, he added. BSMBDC BDC
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- 2 more test COVID-19 positive in UP's Shamli district
- With 242 cases in a day, Bihar's COVID tally soars to 3,806
- 123 more test positive for COVID-19 in Assam; total count 1,339
- 48 COVID-19 cases reported in a day in Gautam Buddh Nagar; total 453
- Top bureaucrats under quarantine after senior IAS officer tests COVID-19 positive in J-K