Petrol price hits Rs 75 per litre mark, diesel crosses Rs 66
Petrol price was on Monday hiked by 5 paise per litre and diesel by 10 paise a litre, according to daily price notification of state-owned oil firms.
The increase pushed price of petrol to Rs 75 per litre in the national capital and that of diesel to Rs 66.04 per litre.Rates have been on the rise since November 9, barring one day. Cumulatively, petrol price has been increased by Rs 2.30 per litre in the last one month. Diesel prices, however, have been moderate in their movement, hovering in between Rs 65-66 per litre range.
However, rates have again been on the rise since November 9, partly because of rupee-dollar exchange rate.Diesel prices had hit Rs 67 in the aftermath of the Saudi attack, but moderated in the days thereafter.
Petrol and diesel prices are revised daily on the basis of changes in their benchmark international fuel prices and rupee-dollar exchange rate. ANZ RVK
- Apophis, the ‘God of Chaos’ asteroid is speeding up — increasing the likelihood of it hitting Earth in 2068
- Sputnik V: RDIF seeks vaccine's speedy registration, prequalification from WHO
- Ankhi Das quits as Facebook's India public policy head
- States urged to adopt national approach: Niti Aayog on 'free vaccine'
- Analysts expect no surprises from Axis Bank in the second quarter — loan growth and collections to be slow