Prabhakar Singh appointed as govt's new nominee director on Unitech's board
"Prabhakar Singh is appointed as nominee director of the central government on the board of directors of Unitech Ltd, with immediate effect," the company said in a regulatory filing.Earlier, Singh was former director general of CPWD.
The company's board has been superseded by the central government on the Supreme Court's direction.Last month, the Supreme Court allowed the Centre to take total management control of the embattled realty firm and appoint a new board of nominee directors. The decision would bring respite to over 12,000 hassled homebuyers of Unitech.
The top court had directed that the existing board of directors of the company would stand superseded. It had refused to appoint Unitech Group founder Ramesh Chandra, as a member of the new board.The new board has been asked to come out with a resolution framework within two months. Chandra's sons, Ajay Chandra and Sanjay Chandra, are in jail after the company defaulted on giving possession of flats to its homebuyers on time. Both were serving as managing directors of the company before the board was superseded. MJH HRS
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- Legendary Indian sprinter Milkha Singh to be cremated with state honours in Chandigarh
- Father’s Day 2021 -- here is a list of some memorable quotes and greetings
- Weekly crypto roundup: Burry’s crypto crash prediction, rapper Raftaar accepting crypto, crypto mining migration, and more
- Fully automatic washing machine for small family
- Best webcams for computer video conferencing