Pradhan donates one month's salary to PM relief fund
Pradhan also released Rs 1 crore from his MP Local Area Development Fund for the same purpose.
In a Tweet, he said: "In these difficult times, let us stand for those who need us the most. In view of #Covid-19 pandemic, I have donated my one month's salary and released Rs 1 crore from my MPLADS fund to PM National Relief Fund to help bring a smile to the underprivileged".Previously Sports Minister Kiren Rijiju, Labour Minister Santosh Gangwar and Law Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad and others have donated their one month's salary to the Prime Minister's fund.Advertisement
Vice President M Venkaiah Naidu too has donated his one month's salary for the same. ANZ BALBAL
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- Saudi Arabia reimposes 3 pm curfew in view of spike in COVID-19 cases
- Maha sees 2,739 new COVID-19 cases; death toll nears 3,000
- COVID infections breach 5,000 mark in Karnataka; 378 new cases and 280 discharges in a day
- Covid-19 infection linked to stroke in healthy young people: Study
- 'About 28,000 farmers affected in Pune due to recent cyclone'