RBI keeps benchmark interest rate unchanged at 5.15 pc
The central bank retained GDP growth at 5 per cent for 2019-20 and pegged it at 6 per cent for the next fiscal.
"Economic activity remains subdued and the few indicators that have moved up recently are yet to gain traction in a more broad-based manner. Given the evolving growth-inflation dynamics, the MPC felt it appropriate to maintain status quo," the Monetary Policy Committee (MPC) said.The six-member committee voted unanimously to hold rates, but also said that there is "policy space available for further action".
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- Delhi Budget: Law university, English speaking course on cards for higher education students
- Aurangabad tourism overlooked in Maha budget: Stakeholders
- Delhi govt allocates Rs 1,550 crore in budget for development of unauthorised colonies
- Asus TUF Dash F15 gaming laptop launched starting at ₹1,39,990
- Vedantu plans to hire 2,500 people over the next three months as it take ed-tech to smaller towns