REC steps up relief work, reaches out to 76K people with cooked food, ration during lockdown
The REC has tied up with Delhi Police to provide 500 food packets on daily basis, it said.
Concerned over their plight, the REC Foundation, the corporate social responsibility (CSR) arm of
REC Ltd, under the administrative control of the Ministry of Power is distributing cooked food, ration, utility packets, masks, sanitisers and even providing shelter during the lockdown benefiting 76,000 daily wagers and their families till date, it noted.
REC Foundation has already sanctioned funds totalling Rs 7 crore for these activities and more such funds are already in the pipeline.
Power Minister R K Singh said in the statement that the REC has already donated Rs 150 crore to the Prime Minister's Citizen Assistance and Relief in Emergency Situations (PM CARES) Fund to support India's fight against coronavirus.
In addition to this, all REC employees have voluntary contributed a day's salary to the PM National Relief Fund.
REC Foundation in association with respective state-owned power distribution utilities is providing food grain packets and other utility packets like masks and sanitisers.
REC Foundation has also released funds to the offices of distribution companies, collector and/or district magistrates of various districts across India to provide cooked meals twice a day for 10 to 30 days.
Talks are on with many other districts for execution of the same in their areas. In addition to these, food kits are also being provided in these districts to those who have facilities to cook at home.
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- Facebook and Microsoft aren’t the only ones creating a metaverse — here are five popular coins looking to create digital worlds
- Mukesh Ambani-led Reliance Jio hikes prices of its plans by 21%
- Facebook, Microsoft and others look towards the $1 trillion dollar ‘metaverse’ opportunity — but that contradicts the base philosophy behind Web 3.0
- Star Health IPO opens today — Check out close date, allotment and other important details
- Meet Parag Agrawal, the IIT Bombay grad who is taking over from Jack Dorsey at Twitter
- Bankrupt Sintex Industries' stock doubles after RIL showed interest to acquire it
- Omicron COVID-19: Kerala orders 7 days quarantine for arrivals from high risk countries
- In India, less than one in every 10,000 jabs have led to serious adverse reactions — not necessarily due to the vaccine