Reliance Industries shares gain nearly 2 pc after Intel Capital deal
The heavyweight stock jumped 1.53 per cent to close at Rs 1,787.50 on the BSE. During the day, it gained 1.83 per cent to trade at Rs 1,792.80.
On the NSE, the stock rose 1.57 per cent to settle at Rs 1,788.The company's market valuation jumped by Rs 17,109.55 crore to Rs 11,33,168.55 crore on the BSE. Advertisement
In terms of volume, 8.57 lakh shares were traded on the BSE and 1.35 crore on the NSE.
Electronic chip maker Intel's investment arm, Intel Capital, will buy 0.39 per cent stake in Mukesh Ambani's digital unit, Jio Platforms, for Rs 1,894.50 crore, the company said on Friday.Intel Capital is 12th company to join the list of marquee firms who have recently invested in Jio Platforms, taking the total investment amount to Rs 1,17,588.45 crore.
"Intel Capital will invest Rs 1,894.50 crore in Jio Platforms at an equity value of Rs 4.91 lakh crore and an enterprise value of Rs 5.16 lakh crore, Reliance Industries and Jio Platforms said in a joint statement.Intel Capital's investment will translate into a 0.39 per cent equity stake in Jio Platforms on a fully diluted basis. SUM RUJ RUJ
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 vs Redmi Note 9 Pro Max – Here’s what you get for spending ₹5,000 more
- Masayoshi Son’s best bet for future profit is PayPay in Japan — built on Vijay Shekhar Sharma’s Paytm model in India
- India’s ‘Transparent Taxation’ charter — Highlights of Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s speech
- Pranab Mukherjee's condition remains unchanged, says Army Hospital after false death news surface on the internet
- SBI, ICICI Bank, Axis, Kotak and others have plans to raise $14 billion — but if things go haywire, they could need three-times more