Reliance Retail, the cash cow for Mukesh Ambani’s RIL, may be hit by the second wave of the pandemic
- ukesh Ambani wants to scale
Reliance Retailamong the top ten retailers globally.
- Goldman Sachs has valued Reliance Retail at $88 billion and expects it to clock $44 billion in sales by 2025.
- However, the company will continue to be the worst impacted subsidiary of
RILin Q1 of FY22 due to the pandemic.
Now, Ambani has set the target to be among the top ten retailers globally in the coming years. He projected a three fold growth for the retail business in the next three-five years. Even analysts believe that Reliance Retail could be among the biggest growth drivers for
But the first quarter of the financial year 2022 (FY22) is not going to be a part of this picture. Analysts believe that Reliance Retail is going to face the worst impact of the second wave of COVID-19 that led to lockdown and restrictions across the country.
AdvertisementAccording to global financial services group
The company’s EBITDA margin would be at 7.1%, compared to 7.9% in the fourth quarter of the last financial year, due to lower contribution from fashion and lifestyle, the report added.
Reliance Retail had reported a revenue of ₹1,53,818 crore, which is almost a third of Reliance Industries Limited’s ₹5,39,238 crore consolidated revenue. The retail unit reported a post-tax profit of ₹5,481 crore in FY21. The company EBITDA was at an all-time high in the fourth quarter of FY21.
BYJU's acquires another American startup, plans to spend $1 billion on US expansion
AdvertisementYouTube is testing shopping feature on live streams for select creators
Popular on BI
- ICC T20 World Cup 2021: India to bat first as Pakistan wins toss and elects to field
- Biden hosting budget talks in Delaware with Schumer, Manchin
- Aryan Khan case: Witness claims NCB allegedly demanded bribe from Shah Rukh Khan to release his son
- Rishi Sunak on spending spree on skills, healthcare in UK Budget
- New IPL teams: BCCI expecting anything between ₹7,000-₹10,000 crore with Adani, Goenka, Aurobindo in fray