Reliance Industries is getting into drones with its new purchase
The investment will further enable the group's initiatives in emerging technology, it added.
RSBVL proposes to make a further investment of up to Rs 125 crore, subject to Asteria achieving agreed milestones, and is expected to be completed by December 2021, it said.
"Post the further investment, the shareholding of RSBVL will increase to 87.3 per cent of the equity share capital of Asteria," it added.
On Thursday, RSBVL had said it has picked up 85 per cent stake in NowFloats Technologies for a cash consideration of Rs 141.63 crore.
Asteria, incorporated in India in June 2011, is a full-stack drone technology company with in-house drone manufacturing capabilities, and also offers software solutions to provide actionable insights from aerial data, intending to deliver "drone-as-a-service" digital platform.
An early stage company, Asteria had a turnover of Rs 1.96 crore in 2018-19. SR RVK
Popular on BI
- Life and times of Rakesh Jhunjhunwala — the man behind the trader
- A 29-year-old woman found a mark on her head and was diagnosed with a fungal infection. It turned out to be invasive skin cancer.
- JPMorgan CEO Jamie Dimon told wealthy clients there's a chance the US is heading into 'something worse' than a recession, report says
- How to apply for tatkal passport online
- Apple lays off 100 contract recruiters: Report
- Brazil and Argentina not to replay Football World Cup qualifier
- Tamil Nadu to float tender for setting up 100 EV charging stations along highways
- World's biggest cities face worst air quality: Report