Reliance Industries is getting into drones with its new purchase
The investment will further enable the group's initiatives in emerging technology, it added.
RSBVL proposes to make a further investment of up to Rs 125 crore, subject to Asteria achieving agreed milestones, and is expected to be completed by December 2021, it said.
"Post the further investment, the shareholding of RSBVL will increase to 87.3 per cent of the equity share capital of Asteria," it added.
On Thursday, RSBVL had said it has picked up 85 per cent stake in NowFloats Technologies for a cash consideration of Rs 141.63 crore.
Asteria, incorporated in India in June 2011, is a full-stack drone technology company with in-house drone manufacturing capabilities, and also offers software solutions to provide actionable insights from aerial data, intending to deliver "drone-as-a-service" digital platform.
An early stage company, Asteria had a turnover of Rs 1.96 crore in 2018-19. SR RVK
Popular on BI
- Elizabeth Holmes ordered dinners for Theranos staff but made sure they weren't delivered until after 8 p.m. so they worked late: book
- My twin and I were in separate classrooms in school. Our joint math lesson made me realize how silly that was.
- 2,000 years before 'manscaping' and smooth armpits, the Romans were seriously into hair removal, archaeological findings show
- RBI monetary policy: MPC likely to keep the pause-button pressed
- World Environment Day: 10 simple things to fight climate crisis
- Google Meet is rolling out a new ‘viewer mode’ — Here's how to use it
- India vs Australia WTC Final – Squads, head-to-head, where to watch and more
- May auto sales rise 10% but still below pre-Covid level with challenges in store