RIL creates history, becomes first Indian firm to hit Rs 10 lakh cr m-cap mark
The oil-to-telecom conglomerate's market capitalisation (m-cap) zoomed to Rs 10.02 lakh crore during morning trade on the BSE.
The company's stock rose 0.73 per cent to a record peak of Rs 1,581.25 in intra-day trade on the stock exchange.
Later, it retreated from the milestone and the firm's market capitalisation (m-cap) was around Rs 9,99,368.41 crore at 1050 hours.
Over the past few session, the company's market valuation has been hovering near the Rs 10 lakh crore mark.
In October this year, Reliance Industries (RIL) hit the Rs 9 lakh crore m-cap level.
In August 2018, it became the first Indian company to have crossed the Rs 8 lakh crore m-cap mark.
So far this year, the company's scrip has zoomed 41 per cent, much higher than the 13.8 per cent rise in Sensex so far in 2019.
TCS is the country's second most valued firm with a market valuation of Rs 7,79,708.02 crore, followed by HDFC Bank with a market cap of Rs 6,96,494.75 crore, Hindustan Unilever (Rs 4,49,252.62 crore) and HDFC (Rs 3,99,599.38 crore).The m-cap figures of companies change daily with stock price movement. SUM ANS ANS
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- A 29-year-old woman found a mark on her head and was diagnosed with a fungal infection. It turned out to be invasive skin cancer.
- Elon Musk told his 76-year-old dad Errol to 'keep quiet' in a text message after he said he wasn't proud of his son, report says
- JPMorgan CEO Jamie Dimon told wealthy clients there's a chance the US is heading into 'something worse' than a recession, report says
- Nepotism and termite-like corruption dented India : Modi
- Modi lists five pledges to turn India into a developed country in 25 years
- There will be a major shift in the way Indians shop and consume brands
- Modi remembers Nehru and Sarvarkar in his speech today
- Made-in-India gun used for 1st time for ceremonial salute at Red Fort on Independence Day