Roadshows under 'Brand Canada' to be held across 10 Indian cities to attract investment
The initiative will see Canadian provinces and companies travel to Indian cities between January and March in an effort to bring both countries closer through investment and business opportunities.
"India and Canada are natural partners with mutual priorities and policy initiatives. While the two countries have a busy trade corridor, there is still untapped potential in the tier-II cities of India. As part of our continuous efforts to enhance trade and investment, the primary objective is to take the Canada story and the economic brand to the interior parts of India," said Nadira Hamid, chief executive officer, Indo-Canadian Business Chamber.Andrew Smith, minister (commercial), High Commission of Canada in India, said, under 'Modi 2.0', India intends to double its economy to USD 5 trillion by 2025.
The first event is scheduled for January 13, 2020, in Gurugram and will move to cities like Indore, Jaipur, Aurangabad, Pune, Baroda, Bhubaneshwar, Ludhiana and Mysore. It will conclude on March 27 in Visakhapatnam.These will be day-long events in each city with talks, presentations, discussions as well as trade kiosks that will help further accelerate ease of doing business in Canada for Indian investments. RSN HRS
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- Notified new policy on rare diseases, approved budget of Rs 25 crore for treatment: Centre to HC
- Former PM Manmohan Singh admitted to AIIMS after testing positive for COVID-19
- If you are 18 years or older, you can get a COVID-19 vaccine from May 1
- India is promoting a new internet protocol— the government is offering help for websites to migrate
- SaaS unicorn Druva, which manages data for NASA, Pfizer, and GameStop, raises $147 million; valuation crosses $2 billion