Runway repair at Indore airport forces Air India to cancel Dubai flight for 3 mths: Source
The airline, however, said it is taking "necessary steps" to ensure the flight continues to operate as per its schedule.
The national carrier operates from Indore a daily non-stop service to Dubai and back.In a statement on Saturday, Air India chairman and Managing Director Ashwani Lohani said the airline is in "consultation" with Airports Authority of India on this issue.
"The airline (is) in consultation with airports Authority of India (on this issue) and is taking necessary steps to ensure the continuance of this flight," he added.According to a source, the national carrier has been forced to cancel its Dubai-Indore and connecting Indore-Delhi flight for three months, starting February 1 due to the runway repair work.
However, since the repair work is to be carried out during the night time, the Indore-Dubai flight, which departs in day time, will continue to operate as per schedule, he said.The source said Air India has also offered as an option to the Indore-bound passenger to book on its Delhi or Mumbai flights from Dubai, from where it will fly them to their destination on its domestic network. "We have been informed by Indore airport authorities that they are trying to give special permission to Air India to operate Dubai-Indore flight. if we get the permission, the flight will be reinstated," the source added. IAS MKJ
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- Uber lays off 185 employees from Postmates, two months after it acquired the food delivery startup in the US
- What the future holds for co-working spaces in India
- India and China held a 16-hour long talk to resolve ongoing border dispute
- An American electric car maker explains why it took a different route than Elon Musk’s Tesla, Tata Motors or Mahindra
- Top stocks to watch on January 25