SBM Bank India, Mastercard to facilitate cross border transactions, remittances
The SBM Bank India customers will be able to make real-time domestic business-to-consumer transfers quickly and efficiently using 'Mastercard Send', the statement said.
Remittances and payments businesses have become the cornerstone of SBM Bank India's growth strategy.
As banking evolves to become more personal, platform-agnostic and always-on – the Bank has been leading the collaboration narrative to access the best-in-class solutions with its switching partner, YAP, the statement said.
Neeraj Sinha, Head-Retail & Consumer Banking, SBM Bank (India), said, "Mastercard Send is a secured and innovative solution - crafted to modernize domestic and cross-border payments and remittances."
SBM Bank India is the first bank to receive universal banking licence from the RBI to set up and operate as a scheduled commercial bank through the wholly-owned subsidiary mode.
The bank has a network of six branches located in Mumbai, Delhi, Chennai, Bangalore, Hyderabad and Ramachandrapuram.
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- Crypto FAQs answered — everything you need to know about crypto regulations, trading, taxes and CBDC in India
- Google and Microsoft hiring interns in India — Check out eligibility, job descriptions and other details
- AWS appears to be down, and it's taken popular services like Ring smart-home systems, Netflix, and Disney+ with it
- Inside Gaana’s success story: Sandeep Lodha on the platform’s journey so far and what the future holds
- Messenger chief Stan Chudnovsky to depart from Meta next year
- Users spend $133 billion on apps as Apple’s App Store continues to lead revenue shares
- U.S.Polo Assn. ropes in Arjun Rampal as its brand ambassador
- Surgical care startup Pristyn Care is the 42nd startup to be valued over a billion dollars in India this year